Unique hand-made toys from socks !
ABOUT SOCKIES …..
- All my SOCKIES have a different story to tell, and inside them is 100% love ! They are mischievous and easily distracted, but you will find them perfect companions for any adventure you wish to go on
- All toys comply with the Toy (Safety) Requirements so suitable for children of all ages … even adults !
- Toys are hand-washable but please dry in the airing cupboard – do NOT tumble dry
- Please let me know when ordering if you would like a different name for your toy. Labels are attached to the toy but can be removed easily
- All the hats are hand-knitted by me
- P&P is £3.25 per order (NOT per toy) and they are great for posting off to family and friends as a surprise gift
REMEMBER, WE LIVE IN COMPLICATED TIMES, BUT SOCKIES ARE HERE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY !!!
My name is Julie and I live in Poole, Dorset near the south coast, I’m married with two grown up children and 4 grandchildren. I had been dressmaking for more years than I care to remember, at first making clothes for my children when they were small, and then trousers and skirts for myself. I acquired a wardrobe full of garments I had made, but got so bored with making it all. I wanted to try something different.
So, at the beginning of 2009 I spent hours searching the web for some other craft that I thought I could do, and found quite a few American sites for Sock Monkeys. These were, as the name suggests, monkeys made from a pair of socks. So I pinched a pair of my husband’s socks and made a sock monkey which turned out not too bad, but pretty ugly if I’m truthful ! The grandchildren loved him, which encouraged me to try again, so I went on a shopping spree and bought loads of pairs of socks, and practiced and practiced until I had perfected a really good sock monkey. I then sold these to friends at work, and then of course, had got the bug.
After a while I noticed that several other craftspeople were making sock monkeys, so then spent the next couple of months just cutting up socks and re-sewing and stuffing them etc. and designed my own brand of SOCKIES (as they became known). I now sell these through this website and at various craft fairs in and around Poole with tremendous success.